From Tinkertoys to Moonshoes, toys have been a huge part of our lives. Take a walk through memory lane and let the nostalgia wash over you. Scroll through the most popular toys of the 20th century below.
Which toy is your favorite? Share your memories in the comment section below!
Fun Facts about Toys
- The word "toy" originally meant a funny story or remark.
- Play-Doh was first created to be wall paper cleaner.
- The name for Raggedy Ann came from the combination of two poems, "The Raggedy Man" and "Little Orphant Annie."
- On average, regular-sized Koosh Balls have 2000 rubber strings.
- The original Pogo Sticks didn't have handles; these were soon replaced because they could hurt one's chin.
- As of November, 2015, the fastest solve for a 3x3 Rubik's cube is 5.25 seconds. For a 2x2 cube, it is only 0.58 seconds!
- The water balloon was created from a failed attempt to create a waterproof latex sock to combat the disease of Trench Foot.
Published: October 3rd, 2015